Pamper Yourself This Season: Five Ways to Indulge in a Festive Self-Care Day
The Christmas season is a wonderful time of year, but it can also be a very stressful time, constantly on the go running around doing the last bit of christmas shopping, attending parties, and trying to get everything done before the big day. It's important to take some time out for ourselves so we don't get too overwhelmed and stressed out.
Here are our five ways to Indulge in a Festive Self-Care Day and pamper yourself.
- Get outside and take a walk to marvel at the beauty of the Christmas lights or visit a Christmas Market, This is a great way to get some fresh air at the same time as relaxing and getting into the holiday spirit and a little bit of exercise is always good for the mind and body.
- Take a nice long soak in the bath, add some of your favourite soothing aromatherapy products I like to use our Sweet Dreams Bubble Scoop & Sweet Dreams Whipped Soap, light some candles, play some soft music, and just let yourself relax – the perfect way to unwind after a long day. Exit the Bath and apply a nice mosituriser I like to use our Calm Body Butter
- Get creative and do some crafting. Why not make a wreath or some Christmas decorations, or if you're not crafty, why not treat yourself to a festive colouring book, this is a great way to channel your stress into something productive, as well as getting into the holiday spirit.
- Get dressed up and take yourself on a date, even if you don't have anyone to spend the holidays with, you can still treat yourself! Go see a holiday movie, go ice skating, or just treat yourself to your favourite Christmas cookies – remember you deserve it!
- Snuggle up with some hot chocolate, a cosy blanket and watch your favourite Christmas movie or read a Christmas novel, a perfect way to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the season.
No matter how you choose to spend your festive self-care day, make sure you do something that you love and that will make you happy and relaxed. Taking some time out for yourself will help you recharge and be more productive when you need to be, this time of year can be hectic and stressful, so give yourself permission to have a festive self-care day and enjoy it and have a Merry Christmas!