Hygge gift ideas are inspired by the Danish concept of "hygge"
which encompasses a feeling of coziness, contentment, and well-being. A hygge gift is well thought out, and might include something natural skincare or something cosy for the home.
In this blog post we will explore How to pick the perfect Hygge Gift, 5 Hygge Gift Ideas for 2023, Where you can find a Hygge Gift and How to wrap your Hygge Gift.How to pick the perfect Hygge Gift
Embrace the spirit of gift giving you should start with thinking about the person you are giving to. Look into their interests and hobbies - really think about what makes them happy! Listen for any mentions of clues as you interact with them and ask mutual friends or family for ideas if you’re stuck, or even ask for their Christmas list.5 Hygge Gift Ideas for 2023
Soft Blankets and Throws:
- Keeping warm and cosy wrap your loved ones in warmth with soft, plush blankets or throws for a cozy and comforting feel. We love this warm saffron like wool blanket from Country Mouse one of our fellow small business sunday winners, Orange wool blankets will add a pop of citrus colour and character to your home and also make perfect hygge presents.
- Warm lighting is key in a hygge home choose candles with natural scents like lavender, vanilla, or pine to add a warm and inviting aroma to their space. We recently purchased a Frosted Cranberry Wax Melt from one of our local candle makers Bernicia Candles. We absoutley love this it fills the house with a beautiful festive aroma.
Natural Skincare Products:
- Pamper your loved ones with high-quality, natural skincare products like Whipped Soaps, body butters, and bubble bath for a luxurious self-care experience. Of course we absolutely love our own Awesome Botanical products and here is what we would choose to gift
Board Games or Puzzles:
- Foster togetherness and relaxation with board games or puzzles that encourage quality time spent indoors. A game that we got last year for our friends and we all absolutely loved it was Skull Canyon Ski Fest, it was so much fun.
Plant or Succulent:
- Bring a touch of nature indoors with a low-maintenance plant or succulent, adding a sense of calm and tranquillity to their living space. We love these terrariums from one of our favourite small business indoor plant shops plantopia the plant shop.
Where can I find a Hygge Gift?
Once you are ready to purchase your hygge gift, try independent shops, craft fairs/ markets and independent online businesses when looking for a great gift, as you are more likely to find a unique Hygge Gift. While you are in the shop or website remember to keep focused on the preferences of the receiver, not your own, and keep an open mind.
How should I wrap my Hygge Gift?
Wrapping your hygge gift is nearly as important as the gift is. The wrapping is the presentation of your gift, so it should be neat and festive. Some ideas for hygge gift wrapping might be; a natural-looking and cute cardboard box, wrapping paper with snow, birds or nature on it. You could even get creative and use a knitted stocking or something seasonal to put your gift in.
The ideas are endless when it comes to spreading the Christmas cheer through hygge gift giving. After all, it’s far more joyful to give than receive.